Hilariously Specific Memes That Defend The 3rd Amendment

Seems like Americans are totally obsessed with the first and second amendments, but what about poor, neglected third amendment? Good ol' 3A doesn't often get the same love from avid constitutionalists. @jimamendments is one gallant memelord who's been churning out content in defense of the third since 2019. These hyper-specific memes might seem a little strange to the average internet nomad when caught out of context, but they're sort of like a joke that gets funnier with repetition. Scrolling through all of @jimamendments' memes at once was a true delight that got us fired up to invoke our third amendment right the next time soldiers try to quarter in our apartments without consent during a time of peace. 

1.

Snapshot - National Guard trying to quarter in my parent's kitchen for the last week Third Amendment @jimamendments

2.

Cartoon - Asking for consent to quarter in my home during times of peace ww Soldier Me chilling in my house @jimanendments ww Me invoking my Third Amendment rights

3.

Cartoon - Third Amendment coming home and seeing whose Humvee is parked in the driveway @jimamendments Soldiers who thought it'd be a good idea to quarter in my house

4.

Soldiers seeking quarter in a private residence when the owner isn't around to give consent [adu @jimamendments

5.

Terrestrial animal - Americans trying to make it through social distancing Netflix @jimamendments The third amendment establishing a reasonable expectation of privacy from agents of the state within one's residence, as argued in Griswold v Connecticut (1965)

6.

Cartoon - My house Soldiers @jimamendments The Third Amendment

7.

Photo caption - The Third @jimamendments Amendment Soldier, imagining how nice it will be to nap on my sofa

8.

Room - Soldiers looking at my nice af house knowing they can't stay bc I don't consent to them quartering in my private residence during times of peace @jimamendments

9.

Photo caption - When You were partying | studied The Third Amedment When you were having premarital sex I mastered Engblom v. Carey, 677 F.2d 957 (2d Cir. 1982) While you wasted your days at the gym in pursuit of vanity I cultivated Constitutional Expertise And now that the world is on fire and the soldiers are at the gate you have the audacity to come to me for help?

10.

Cartoon - SOLDIERS BE LIKE AIGHT IMMA HEAD OUT BC IT'S A VIOLATION OF YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT FOR ME TO QUARTER HERE WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT @jimamendments

11.

Cartoon - Amendments in the Bill of Rights be like @jimamendments 2 1

12.

Photo caption - STOP TRYING TO MAKE HAPPEN Quartering troops in private homes without the consent of the Owner @jimamendments IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

13.

Face - A list of all the soldiers I consent to quartering in my house: lnitrb tates brnate @jimamendments

14.

Grave - @jimamendments Soldier's dream of using my mom's crock pot to make dinner Me sending them packing after enforcing my Third Amendment rights

15.

Hair - HEY SOLDIER. @jimamendments JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW THERE'S NO WAYIM CONSENTING TO YOU QUARTERING IN MY PRIVATE RESIDENCE

16.

Photo caption - When the general walks back to his troops waiting in my cul-de-sac after I tell him I know about my Third amendment rights @jimamendments Consent to Consent to In terms of quarter in we have no quarter in his house his house

17.

Photo caption - When I read the judicial opinion in Mitchell v. City of Henderson (2015) and see that the militarized police complex is not considered within the penumbra of "Soldiers" but Griswold v. Connecticut (1965) established that the Third implies the belief that an individual's home should be free from agents of the state @jimamendments What the hell happened here?

18.

Photo caption - Soldier asking for consent to crash on my couch for the night Me chilling in my bathrobe at The Third Amendment home @jimamendments This party's over.

19.

Clothing - COME AND QUARTER IT

20.

Plush - Pg. 12 of Google search results for Third Amendment Typical Netflix binge watch of The Office during quarantine case studies @jimamendments

21.

Photo caption - Me watching Tiger King in my parents basement @jimamendments The Third Amendment keeping our house safe from Soldiers who would otherwise seek to quarter here without my consent

22.

Cartoon - This is my Soldier seeking quarters in my private residence private home and I do not consent to soldiers quartering here during times of peace @jimamendments Nor times of War, but in a manner to be prescribed by law

23.

Community - @jimamendments Soldier's request to quarter in my house Me enforcing my 3A rights James Madison

24.

Cartoon - Absolutely Nobody Soldier I would-like to award you the highest honor I can bestow GRAPE FODA Permission to quarter in my residence

25.

Text - No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law. The 101st Airborne trying to quarter in my living room @jimamendments Amendment That stop me will

26.

Text - When soldiers ask for consent to quarter in my walk-up apartment @jimamendments INTEREST

27.

Motor vehicle - When soldiers ask me if they can quarter in my home for the week @jimamendments You know. I'm something of a Constitutionalist myself

28.

Facial expression - @jimamendments Iam once again asking for your position on the Third Amendment

29.

Photo caption - GET IN LOSER @jimamendments WE'RE GONNA GO TELL A BUNCH OF SOLDIERS THAT WE DON'T CONSENTTO THEM QUARTERING IN OUR HOUSES IN TIMES OF PEACE NOR WAR

30.

Photo caption - Soldiers with $693bn of financial backing and state of the art weapons Me protecting my 650 sq ft second floor walk up from the Dept of Defense studio from unconstitutional quartering @jimamendments

31.

Companion dog - How I feel relaxing in my house knowing full well that no Soldier will come quarter here without my consent thanks to our Third Amendment rights enshrined in the Constitution @jimamendments

32.

Photo caption - When the Lt. Colonel had budgeted on using your house to quarter his troops for a fortnight but they didn't plan on you invoking your Third Amendment rights @jimamendments I am never going to financiallý recover from this

33.

Motor vehicle - @jimamendments National Guard rolling through my neighborhood 2922 My whole community flexing our Constitutional knowledge on these agents of state by denying them consent into our homes as protected by the Third Amendment

34.

Adaptation - Soldiers after I inform them that I'm aware of my Third Amendment rights and do not consent to their battalion quartering in my living room be like @jimamendments

Submitted by:



from Memebase https://ift.tt/2TiSwdC

Post a Comment

0 Comments