20 Disappointed People Describe The Worst Birthday Gifts They Ever Received

While this thread may seem like "first world problems" to some of you, we found it to be pretty entertaining. Earlier today, Redditor u/sulemannkhan asked the r/AskReddit community to share the absolute worst birthday gifts they'd ever received. The people of Reddit complied, sharing tragic tales of callous re-gifting, second-hand hairbrushes, and for one lucky eighteen-year-old? A used Disney coloring book. If you've ever received a "dud" gift and had to bite your tongue and feign happiness, this gallery is for you.

1.

Text - r/AskReddit u/sulemannkhann Join • 15h What's the worst birthday gift you ever got?

2.

Text - sneakysnakeeeee • 12h 9 Awards My own scarf. Yes, that's right, my mother went into my room took my only scarf, wrapped it and gave it to me like it was a new scarf. Reply 1 7.0k

3.

Text - JTSmolAlien439 • 13h 3 Awards My Asian mom's gift was "no extra Kumon homework after school homework" so my birthday gift was that I didn't get extra homework from her. Reply 6.4k ...

4.

Text - PM_ME_UR_CLEAVE • 13h 1 Award My grandma got me a hairbrush with a plastic horse head handle. The horse head was all chipped up and there was hair in the brush. Reply 6.7k ...

5.

Text - WonderWeeble • 13h 2 Awards A lint remover. I was 12. Reply 1 13.0k ...

6.

Text - rumantsch • 12h 12 Awards My Godfather sent me a Birthday card each year which said, he paid 100 bucks to a bank account which I was supposed to get, when 16yo. He then got into alcohol, used all the money and died. Reply 14.8k ...

7.

Text - mikeardigan • 11h O 9 N E 9 Awards My grandparents have been gifting me (and my brother) the same set of three vice grips for almost 10 years. Collectively we have 60 vice grips. I don't know if they bought a pallet of them, or where they are coming from. GET A GRIP GRANDMA! Reply 1 14.9k ...

8.

Text - 14 Awards I had a friend who's father was famous for doing Christmas shopping at the last minute. One year she complained that she went downstairs on Christmas morning and found, sticking out of her stocking, a spatula. Her birthday was a few days after telling that story, so myself and her friends all decided to get together and get her spatulas for her birthday, as a gag gift. Well, when it was our birthdays she retaliated. Which lead to a counter-offensive. And soon a new tradition was

9.

Text - katzenmiauen • 12h A O 6 Awards An ex-boyfriend hyped up my birthday gift for days, so I was pumped. On my birthday, he presented me with a small, flat box. Inside was a passport. His passport. That's it. Just his passport. No tickets for a trip, no promises of a trip once we saved up together. He literally just gifted me his passport. I'm still baffled. Edit: Since everyone is asking...I accepted the present graciously. It was a gift and that's the polite thing to do. I thought asking ab

10.

Text - powerbrows • 13h 9 Awards My ex celebrated my first birthday that we were together by completely ignoring it altogether the day after going all out for her friend's birthday the day before. She offered me a leftover piece of the birthday cake she got for her friend, but still never said "happy birthday". That should have been my signal to run because it never got any better. Reply 9.6k ...

11.

Text - Revenge_of_the_Khaki • 12h 9 Awards A pair of homemade custom pajamas. Only problem was that they weren't made yet. It was just the fabric and a promise to make them for me. I had to give the fabric back and I never got the pajamas. Reply 23.4k ...

12.

Text - stayrootedsucculents • 11h 1 Award My mom would get me a carrot cake every year for my birthday. I hate carrot cake. Always have. But it was my dad's favorite so... 6 Reply 9.7k ...

13.

Text - JPO_5x5 • 11h 8 Awards When I was 8 years old I was growing sunflowers with my mom one summer. My aunt decided to get me some fertilizer for the flowers for my birtbday. On my birthday, I unwrapped my present and saw what looked like a tub of vanilla ice cream, but when I opened it, there was literal horse shit. Reply 1 17.0k ...

14.

Text - Vyper28 · 13h 6 Awards My grandparents were super low-effort low- budget at every birthday. One year they got me a 2nd hand colouring book from a swap meet. It was almost completely coloured in by what appeared to be a 3 year old with a single green felt pen. Also i was 18 and they thought it was a good gift because it was disney related and i was going to college for animation and design... Reply 14.5k ...

15.

Text - MikkelButhge • 13h G 2 Awards My dad accidentally revealing that him and my mom were separating. He was on a bender and didnt realize he was texting me and not my mom. Happy 18th to me Reply 1 3.4k •..

16.

Text - little_milkee • 14h 1 Award It was not bad at all but to my 12 year old self I was pretty pouty at the time... My mom alluded for months that she was getting me a phone for my 12th birthday but I got a banana. Reply 1 4.4k •..

17.

Text - psychadelicbreakfast • 13h 1 Award My ex-girlfriend had some boudoir photos taken of herself... like sexy lingerie photos, which she put up in her room. 3 different pictures put up. Had a whole book made of them also. She let me see them. That was my present. Pictures of herself. That she kept. And put up in her room. lol Reply + 7.9k

18.

Text - One_Eyed_Man • 14h 4 Awards In high school I got really into learning guitar. All I had at the time was a beat-up acoustic. My birthday came around, and a wrapped present - a fairly large box - appeared in my parent's living room. For some reason I became convinced: it was an amp! My parents must've gotten me an electric guitar! They didn't. It was a blender. Reply 16.7k ...

19.

Text - frenchfreer • 12h 13 Awards My dad got a tattoo on his chest of his birth sign as a gift to me when I was probably 12. He hyped it up all week like he got me some great gift, like an N64 or something. Haven't talked to the guy in over a decade now, good riddance. On a brighter note I did get the N64 later that year from my mother! Edit: maybe my dads true gift was these Reddit awards 20 some years later... O Reply 1 14.0k

20.

Text - HandsomeLakitu • 13h 5 Awards I have been stung by a bee 3 times in my life, and all of them were on my birthday. I was 3, 14, and 25. Reply 26.7k ...

Submitted by:



from Memebase https://ift.tt/3ab6ebX

Post a Comment

0 Comments